Whitecap Dakota First Nation
Strong leadership has been instrumental in guiding Whitecap along the path to long-term fiscal stability. We have created economic development and community sustainability plans, as well as public safety and emergency response plans. We understand that we need a firm foundation and a safe investment climate in order to attract partners. That’s why we’ve developed a set of legislative tools that:
- increase land use opportunities for third-party interests;
- provide fair and consistent taxation of commercial developments;
- control and monitor business activities on the reserve;
- offer standard commercial leasing terms at competitive rates;
- attract businesses to assist with and complement our tourism developments.